Warm Tuna Salad with Figs, Pears, Spinach and Apple Balsamic Dressing
- 4 tuna steaks, (about 125g each)
- 5tbsp olive oil
- 8 baby figs, halved or quartered if only larger ones available
- 1⁄2 lime
- 2tbsp Apple Balsamic Dressing
- 2 Conference pears, cored and cut into 1cm cubes
- 85g baby-leaf spinach
- Sea salt flakes and black pepper
Rub the tuna steaks with olive oil and season well with black pepper and sea salt flakes. Dip the cut side of each fig into the olive oil. Mix a squeeze of the lime with the Apple Dressing in a bowl and whisk in the remaining olive oil.
- Squeeze the rest of the lime juice over the pear cubes and arrange on a serving dish. Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and sear the cut sides of the figs for about 11⁄2 minutes just to heat and cook the surface. Add to the pears and scatter over the spinach leaves.
- Wipe out the frying pan and heat again over a high heat. Add the tuna steaks and turn down the heat a little. Sear each side for 1 minute. (It’s best seared on the outside and rare in the middle when sliced, like a fillet steak.)
- Slice the tuna and gently combine with the pear, figs and spinach. Spoon over the Apple Dressing mix and serve warm.